Proposed E6 Bus Service Reductions
The E6 Metrobus is an important east-west service for many Rollingwood residents who depend on the bus to access DC and the Friendship Heights metro station. Unfortunately, Metro/DDOT is proposing to reduce the frequency and span of service for the E6 bus between Knollwood and Friendship Heights. While the E6 ridership has increased by 27% since 2010, Metro/DDOT are still attempting to modify this route. Everyone from seniors to students will be impacted if this proposal is approved.
If you are concerned for yourself or our community, please take a few minutes and sign the online petition (website is below). Also, below is a list of things you can do to support this effort.
1. Sign the online Petition: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/e6bus/
2. Go to the WMATA website to obtain more details about the following (http://tinyurl.com/e6bus):
a. Public Hearing (9/17 and 9/19)
b. Request to speak at the Public Hearing
c. Written Statements and Exhibits must be received by September 24, 2013 at 5pm
d. WMATA Survey survey closes on September 24, 2013 at 5pm
3. Contact the Mayors Office, Members of the DC Council, DDOT, and WMATA.
4. Forward this message to others.
5. If you have additional questions or want to volunteer to help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online Petition: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/e6bus/
Docket B13-02: Proposed Metrobus Service & Tariff Changes; September 16-19, 2013
The below route times will be eliminated if WMATA’s proposal passes.
Elimination of these Eastbound trips leaving Friendship Heights
Elimination of these Westbound trips leaving Knollwood