Damage from snow-clearing operations?

From Montgomery County Government . . .

If the county’s snow-clearing operation yesterday damaged your property (e.g., mail box, yard in the right-of-way or other place), you can call 311 or use the MC311 website to report it.

Damaged mailboxes will be replaced by crews in a timely manner. The standard replacement is a pole-mounted mailbox. If your damaged mailbox is more elaborate, you may need to file a claim for damages with the county’s risk management office and document the cause of the damage to substantiate their claim.

Damage to grass or the ground along the roadside in the right-of-way also will be repaired by county crews. That work will be scheduled in clusters and will take place once the weather turns warmer, when grass seed planting or sodding is possible.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *