News from Chevy Chase at Home
A message from Chevy Chase at Home . . .
Change Your Pace This Week
Want something really interesting to do on Tuesday afternoon from 2-4 p.m.? Drop in at the new CC@ H Mini Mingles at the Chevy Chase Village Hall, 5906 Connecticut Ave. This monthly smorgasbord is open to everybody looking for an enjoyable afternoon. Choose from several varied small group sessions, move to another when you want to. The Minis include:
– Producing a Family Calendar, led by Marion Robertson
– Tech Support, Various Computer Issues, from John Barnes and Fran Pitlick,
– Sharing Travel Tips & Experiences, led by Mary Gorman and Jan Augustine
– This Old House: Tips on Maintaining Aging Homes, with Tom & Elaine Collins
– Alexander Technique – Melissa Harrison demonstrates how posture affects well-being
There’s plenty of free parking on the streets behind the CCVillage Hall. And of course, there will be refreshments.
– The Ha! Ha! Group, a laugh-filled sharing of good stories guided by Peter Gray, will meet elsewhere, same time. Contact Peter at firstname.lastname@example.org for location, and bring your best stories with you.
On Thursday, the 9th, join your neighbors for our monthly BRUNCH BUNCH. 10-11:30 a.m. at the Olympia Café in the Brookville Shopping Center. Buy a coffee, perhaps an omelet or a pastry, grab a chair at the CC@ H table, and talk about anything and everything with friends and new acquaintances. It’s a great way to start your day. Ample free parking behind the Café, off Taylor Street.