A core mission of RCA is to advocate on behalf of our community on issues both big and small. Some of our most significant challenges involve mitigating transportation project impacts, maintaining our neighborhood streets and parks, enhancing public safety, and managing development pressures. As an organization, RCA allows us to speak with one voice. RCA has won numerous victories for our community, including these recent examples:
- Having Montgomery County revisit inferior road resurfacing;
- Preserving our local polling place;
- Maintaining adequate bus service;
- Bus stop improvements in the Dunlop Hills area,
- Preventing weekday closure of Beach Drive, and;
- Initiating a neighbhorhood watch program.
We encourage residents make RCA aware of your concerns and participate in advocacy efforts. We continually address issues as they arise, and several ongoing matters include: