Important Phone Numbers

For any of the following information call 311:

  • For Ride On bus information
  • To discuss your Montgomery County property tax bill
  • For recycling and trash pick up information
  • For road and pothole repairs
  • For building, construction, and zoning information
  • For Health and Human Services Information
  • For information on County recreation, call 240-777-6840
  • For Noise complaints

Contact MC311 to:

  • Report noise violations occurring during regular business hours 
  • Report noise disturbances from trash collection during quiet hours
  •  Report noise disturbances from animals
  • Contact the police non-emergency line at 301-279-8000 if the noise disturbances happen outside of regular business hours.
  • For recycling, yard trim, or trash collections, including missed pick up call Montgomery County’s Customer Service Center at 311 (out-of-County: 240-777-0311).
  • For bulk trash pick up, call 311

For consumer fraud/protection issues, call (240) 777-3681. 

For permitting services, call Phone: 240-777-0311

For sick or injured wildlife or wildlife inside home call 301-279-8000 

For animal control/animal emergencies, call 240-773-5900

For downed trees, call 311; if blocking a numbered road (Rte 355/Rte 185), call

For downed power lines—if accessible to public call 911, otherwise call 311